This is an exciting opportunity to join the international agency of the Irish Jesuit Province. Irish Jesuits International (IJI) is a registered charity which supports education, health and well-being, protection and resilience programmes in in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Our partners include Jesuit works and Jesuit run development projects within Jesuit Provinces and partners including Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS). Last year, we supported 140,890 individuals through 28 development projects in 14 countries.
Key objectives of the role:
This important role within the IJI is to ensure best practice in the management of IJI finances, ensure adherence to charity standards and institutional donor compliance.
• Process all invoices received including approval for payment on a monthly basis.
• Post all monthly journals in an accurate and timely manner.
• Prepare quarterly Management Accounts for review.
• Management of the QuickBooks accounting system.
• Maintain and update the Fixed Asset Register.
• Prepare monthly Payroll for approval and submit all associated returns.
• Process the monthly payroll and revenue returns.
• Process regular Payments to partners and suppliers for approval.
• Engage with Partners and suppliers to confirm receipt of funding.
• Ensure expenses are appropriately supported and paid on a timely basis.
• Ensure all transfers to Partners are accompanied with itemised breakdowns of grant names, codes and amounts and circulated to senior management and finance represents of the relevant Partner.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Finance Officer’ in the subject heading, attention to the Director, by closing date 10th Jan 2022.
Full details available in the job description here.
Learn more about Irish Jesuits International:
- Read our latest News
- Find out more about what we do
- Read our latest Newsletter
- Read our Annual Report 2020