Nominate your Project
We are inviting our partners to showcase your successful action in protection. Nominations are open from our launch day, 1st Nov’22. Closing date for nominations is 1st April’23. Please see here for the Guidelines and Nomination Form.
Projects need to be partnered with a XN member for 3 years or more, prior to applying.
Projects need to be meeting the XN Minimum Requirements in Safeguarding and Validating Questions.
All nominations will be reviewed by the IJI Operations Manager. The top 3 nominations will be presented to the Xavier Network (XN) Safeguarding Committee for assessment, with three nominees across the Xavier Network to be confirmed for the award. Assessment will be based on:
- The project’s ability to showcase their protection work
- Evidence of the impact the protection work is having, for example:
o reduced violence
o Increased reporting to police within local communities
- The potential for the protection work to be upscaled or replicated elsewhere
- The change that has occurred in the location due to the intervention.
The assessment criteria does not favour protection work that has large numbers of beneficiaries if it cannot be linked to positive changes.
The awardee will be informed of the outcome 1st Jun’23. The award will be €5,000 for the project. 50% will be requested to be spent on the wider work of the project, with 50% on further safeguarding and protection work by the project. Projects in second and third place will receive €3,000 and €2,000 respectively.
The awarding ceremony will be a virtual meeting with the XN Members on 15th Jun ‘23, coinciding with 4th June International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression and 15th June World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
- Download you application form here: Application Form
- Please submit your application to Emer Kerrigan, IJI Operations Manager.